Family Counseling Covina
Family Counseling in Covina, CA
According to the American Psychological Association (APA), U.S. divorce rates hover between 40 to 50 percent. Most marital problems are manageable with family counseling, but often escalate due to a lack of communication and actively seeking help. The effects of a dissolving marriage can have negative consequences for both partners involved and can threaten the emotional stability of children. Family counseling can resolve these issues before they reach a point of no return.
Dr. Raymond Jones, Ph.D., LMFT, CSAT-S provides family counseling that focuses on rebuilding the basic groundwork of relationships by:
- Establishing healthy communication between family members.
- Resolving issues with addiction and substance abuse.
- Addressing personal issues that prevent you and your partner from having a healthy relationship.
By offering Covina, CA patients a safe space to discuss their problems, Dr. Jones heals underlying issues that damage otherwise healthy relationships.
Reasons to Seek Family Counseling
No one is perfect, and even healthy relationships can benefit from family counseling in the early stages of disharmony. While Dr. Jones encourages all Covina, CA patients who perceive problems with their marriage and family life to arrange a counseling session, families experiencing problems with healthy communication, addiction and substance abuse, and issues with physical and emotional intimacy are at greater risk for escalating issues.
- Healthy Communication. Communication issues are among the top problems for families. When you are in constant proximity to people, it is inevitable that conflict will arise. The key is to establish healthy communication and a safe way to discuss feelings without causing other family members emotional pain. Dr. Jones will pinpoint and address communication issues that hinder your family’s ability to resolve conflict.
- Addiction and Substance Abuse. Sex, drug, and alcohol addiction are common causes for family discord. In addition to straining the relationship between parents, children with an addictive parent are predisposed to addiction themselves. By helping the patient overcome their addiction, Dr. Jones provides patients with the tools to make healthier choices and regain control of their lives.
- Personal Problems With Trust and Intimacy. Your past plays a vital role in how you perceive the world around you. People whose trust has been broken by those close to them frequently develop trust and intimacy issues that can linger long after the emotional trauma has ended. This can cause the entire dynamic of your relationship to change, leading to estrangement and feeling trapped. Through family counseling, Dr. Jones will create a safe and blameless environment for expression for couples to talk about their issues without fear of judgment. As your family counseling continues, you will be able to rediscover the intimacy and beauty of your relationship.
Dr. Jones’ Approach to Family Counseling
Dr. Raymond Jones is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT-S). His unique approach to counseling blends psychotherapy with hypnotherapy to access underlying issues that color your perception and inhibit you from achieving happiness. Although he respects all faiths and world-views, Dr. Jones grounds his work in a Christian values and helps bring his patients closer to a form of spirituality that is meaningful to them.
To schedule a free phone consultation, call Dr. Jones’ Covina, CA office at (855) 789-9987.